- Date of Birth: 25th May 1984
- Nationality: Iranian
- Marital Status: Married
- Current Position: Assistant Professor
- Address: University of Science and Culture (USC), Tehran Iran
- Cell Phone: +989123313591
- E-mails: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Websites: www.ali-sadollah.com; www.avinsanat.com
2018-PresentUniversity of Science and Culture, Tehran, Iran
Main Research Topic: Engineering Optimization
2017-2018Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Main Research Topic: Machine learning approaches for smart systems
Supervisor: Professor Hassan Sayyaadi
2016-2017Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE)
Main Research Topic: Distributed adaptive urban traffic signal control using optimization and machine learning approaches
Supervisor: Professor Rong Su
2013-2015Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
School of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
Main Research Topic: Optimization of water distribution systems using metaheuristics
Supervisor: Professor Joong Hoon Kim
2010-2013University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
Thesis Title: Development and Applications of Metaheuristic Algorithms in Engineering Design and Structural Optimization
Main Research Topic: Computational Mechanics and Computational Intelligence used in engineering structures
Supervisors: Professor Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Professor Mohd Hamdi, and Associate Professor Judha Purbolaksono
2007-2010University of Semnan, Semnan, Iran
Master of Science
Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics
Main Research Topic: Composite materials
Supervisor: Professor Abdolhossein Fereidoon, GPA: 16.88 out of 20
2002-2007Islamic Azad University, Semnan branch, Semnan, Iran
Bachelor of Science
Mechanical Engineering, Mechanics of Solid
GPA: 16.56 out of 20
1998-2002Mohammad High School
High School Diplomas in Mathematics and Physics (First Class)
Mohammad High School, Tehran, Iran, GPA: 17.53 out of 20
Published Papers (see more in my CV)
1. Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir BahreininejadJournal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 4(7) (2011) 1384-1395.
Optimum gradient material for functionally graded dental implant using metaheuristic algorithms
2. Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Hadi Eskandar, Mohd Hamdiomputers & Structures, 102-103 (2012) 49-63.
Mine blast algorithm for optimization of truss structures with discrete variables
3. Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Hadi Eskandar, Mohd HamdiApplied Soft Computing, 13 (2013) 2592-2612.
Mine Bomb Algorithm: a new population based algorithm for solving constrained engineering optimization problems
4. Hadi Eskandar, Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Mohd HamdiComputers & Structures, 110-111 (2012) 151-166.
Water cycle algorithm – a novel metaheuristic optimization method for solving constrained engineering optimization problems
5. Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Mohd Hamdi, Judha PurbolaksonoNeural Computing & Applications, DOI: 10.1007/s00521-012-1219-4.
Optimum mechanical behavior of calcium phosphate cement/hydroxyl group functionalized multi-walled carbon nanotubes/bovine serum albumin composite using metaheuristic algorithms
6. Ali Sadollah, Mohsen Naeim Hassan Mohamed, Ardeshir BahreininejadInternational Journal of Applied Mathematics and Information science, 1(1) (2012) 1-8.
Optimum culture conditions for 1,3-Propanediol production from Crude Glycerol using metaheuristic algorithms
7. Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir BahreininejadNeural Computing & Applications, 21 (2012) 2071–2076.
Optimization of die design using metaheuristic methods in cold forward extrusion process
8. Hossein Hemmatian, Abdolhossein Fereidoon, Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir BahreininejadAdvances in Engineering Software, 57 (2013) 8-11
Multi-objective optimization of laminate stacking sequence for minimizing weight and cost using ant colony optimization
9. Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Hadi Eskandar, Mohd HamdiAdvanced Materials Research, 647 (2013) 30-36
Optimum material gradient for functionally graded dental implant using particle swarm optimization
10. Hadi Eskandar, Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir BahreininejadInternational Journal of Optimization in Civil Engineering, 3(1) (2013) 115-129.
Weight optimization of truss structures using water cycle algorithm
11. Ali Sadollah, Azadeh Ghadimi, Ibrahim H. Metselaar, Ardeshir BahreininejadScience and Engineering of Composite Materials, accepted.
rediction and optimization of stability parameters for Titanium dioxide nanofluid using response surface methodology and artificial neural networks
Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, “Optimum material gradient for functionally graded dental implant using simulated annealing”, In: Simulated Annealing – Single and Multiple Objective Problems, Edited by Marcos de Sales Guerra Tsuzuki, ISBN 978-953-51-0767-5, Publisher: InTech, pp. 217-238.
Ali Sadollah, Ardeshir Bahreininejad, Hadi Eskandar, Mohd Hamdi, “Optimum material gradient for functionally graded dental implant using particle swarm optimization”, International Conference of Biomaterial and Bioengineering 2012 (ICBB 2012), 19-20 December, Hong Kong.
My hobbies are my professions. I do what I enjoy and enjoy what I do. I take all the things I do equally seriously and find them equally enjoyable. However, for scheduling purposes, I shifted my main concentration along the way, which now seem to remain, for the rest of my life, on metaheuristic algorithms and computational science.
- Optimization and Metaheuristics
- Soft Computing Methods
- High Performance Computing
- Neural Computing
- Parallel Computation
- Computational Solid Mechanics
- CAD/CAE Problems
- Cold Roll Forming Process
My major field in sport is Track & Field in 100 and 200 meters. I was the first and second places at university competitions in 200 meters in 2011 and 2012, respectively. However, I have done many other sports such as soccer, martial arts, badminton, and so forth. Furthermore, I am interested in the scientific aspects of sports. In general, I enjoy practicing and learning all types of sports and outdoor activities.
Aug 2011 ~ Aug 2013University of Malaya (UM)
Research assistant (RA)
Oct 2012 ~ Mar 2013University of Malaya
Tutor for AUTOCAD course
Supervising 3 MSc students and 2 PhD candidates
Sep 2007 ~ Dec 2009University of Semnan, Semnan, Iran
Teaching assistant (TA) in different academic courses including Strength of Materials I and II
2007 ~ Presentwww.avinsanat.com
Designer and consultant of cold roll forming (CRF) products
Aug 2009 ~ Aug 2010Semnan, Iran
Served as researcher at a manufacture factory in order to carry out my MSc final project
Sep 2006 ~ Sep 2008Semnan, Iran
Assemble manager at a computer assembling company
- Having Experience in practical activities such as welding and plating.
- Ability in assembling all parts and hardware (software) of personal computers (PC) and laptops.
Language Proficiency & International Experiences
Computer and software skills
Microsoft office (WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, VISIO).
Mechanical engineering software (CAD/CAE) including ABAQUS, ANSYS, SOLIDWORKS, AUTOCAD, and CATIA.
Industrial engineering software such as LINGO, LINDO.
Operating systems and Internet.
WordPress (Website design software)
Lived in and visited countries
- Iran (Motherland Country)
- Germany (Mainz, Dortmund, Düsseldorf)
- France (Paris)
- China (Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou)
- Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Johor, Penang, Perlis, Melaka)
- Saudi Arabia (Mecca, Medina, Jeddah)
- Indonesia (Medan)
- Hong Kong
- South Korea (Seoul)[/accordion-item]
- Active member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Professional member of IEEE (Membership No.: 91081107)
- Professional member of IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS)